11.16.2009

Psalm 25


"12 My question: What are God-worshipers like?
Your answer: Arrows aimed at God's bull's-eye."
Psalm 25:12 (the Message)

I was reading Psalm 25 this morning. I was actually reading it in the New King James Version (my fav translation) and I felt God really speaking to me through it. Then I felt like He wanted me to go read it in the Message Bible (my fav paraphrase). So I did, and verse 12 practically jumped off the page at me. I just love how it describes what Christians should be like. , "Arrows aimed at God's bull's-eye" It challenged me to look at the trajectory of my day/week/year and ask myself, "What is my aim?". Are the tasks/goals that I have laid out for myself aimed at God and His Will? The truthful answer is 'no'. This verse is really challenging me to change that.

So, think about the day and what you plan to do. Ask yourself, why am I doing these things? Are my tasks aimed at God or am I just self-seeking or am I just "going through the motions"? Think about how you can take your everyday and aim it at glorifying God and furthering His Kingdom.

"15 If I keep my eyes on God,
I won't trip over my own feet"
Psalm 25:15


No comments:

Post a Comment