12.03.2009

Doubt: Saboteur or Smoke Alarm?

There is a fine line between self-doubt that seeks to hinder and coming to a realization that you simply are not meant to do something. What I am struggling to find is the line between the two. How do you know when it's time to lay aside uncertainty and push forward toward the goal or lay down what you want to do because it's just not something that God has for you? I only wish I knew the answer.........

I have always struggled with self-doubt. I really don't talk about it, but I am consistently filled with feelings that tell me I not good/pretty/talented/smart/liked enough to do this or that. Most of the time God really helps me overcome these things, so I can do the things He needs me to do, but the feelings exist nevertheless. Like I said, I don't really have many people that I talk about 'feelings' with but I know that there are probably many people who struggle with the same things. Right now I'm feeling like a certain thing (that I won't name) is something that I'm just not cut out to do. It's hard to distinguish between whether my doubt is just a lack of confidence on my part or something alarming me to the fact that I'm going the wrong way. Benjamin Franklin once said, "When in doubt, don't"

So, I remain stuck, I can either push past my feelings and risk disappointment or I can accept that I'm just not cut out for this and lay it down. Oh decisions, how I hate you, but at least I get to gripe on my blog :)

No comments:

Post a Comment